Monday, April 16, 2012

I wear my sunglasses at night!

As I'm sure all of you are aware Alaska has begun its decent into longer days!  I arrived on Friday afternoon at 430 Alaska time and obviously it was still daylight.  The owner of the lodge I'm working for picks me up and we run some errands which includes a trip to Walmart.  Just as any other Walmart.  This one has a Subway in it.  Upon arriving at the counter we observe 5 employees working and yet the whole restaurant was a disaster.  The employees themselves looked as if they were a disaster themselves.  Oy!  Note to self never go to Subway at Walmart again!

Outside the Fairbanks Airport
By the time we headed to Central, where the lodge Central Corner is, it was going on 9pm.  Which was hard to distinguish since it was still daylight and I had my sunglasses on!  This long road basically dead ends in Circle which is about 30 more miles past Central.  You have to go over 3 different summits.  Several old gold mining dredges.  One of which they say is haunted.  And if there is ever a road closure for get about leaving Central for several days.  We arrive finally to Central and unload all of our goodies and my luggage.  Off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment